Monday, January 31, 2011

POTTY TRAINING WEEK!

oMy two trainees!  Olivia and Sully!  Normally I would say ladies first but since Sully is a few months older and has a few weeks of training under his belt he gets to train first.


I am not so sure Sully enjoys me taking his picture while he is trying to poop! =)  Sorry Sully!
This week I am dedicating to Potty Training Sully and Olivia.  I am training Sully first because we have tried all month with some success.  My goal: no more accidents and no more diapers.  Thanks to some friends of mine (Katy and Misti) I was referred to a site called http://www.3daypottytraining.com/.  I am going to follow the techniques to see if they work.  We have to "deprogram" Sully as we have been putting him in a diaper during nap and bed time.  So now he will be diaper free forever.  Angie and Dave are surprising the kids with a Disney Trip this Friday so my goal is to get him diaper free before the trip.  I then can focus my attention on Olivia.  Hopefully by the time the Superbowl is over on Sunday she will be trained!  I am keeping my fingers crossed!  Olivia has only sat on the potty a few times but nothing has come out so I have my work cut out for me.

It is 10:30 a.m. and so far so good for Sully.  I have given him 2 cups of orange juice and some water and he has gone potty twice. Once when he woke up at 8 a.m. and again at 10 a.m.. I did have to ask him to go, he did not tell me on his own.  I am following him like a hawk to make sure I catch him in act...one of the rules to this potty training theory.

At 11:45 Sully finally went poop....but only a little.  I gave him some M&M's and I had to give one to Olivia so she would stop crying.  She keeps saying she wants to go potty to so she can have some chocolate!  I am holding off so I can keep my attention just on Sully so it works for him. 

My next challenge will be driving the kids to and from school with no accidents and checking in on him during nap time.

1:10 p.m. - I dropped off Avery, Addison and Cullen at preschool and Sully did not have an accident.  I put him on the potty when we got back and he went pee and I put him down for his nap.   I will be checking in on him to make sure he doesn't need to go potty.  He should be OK since his diaper was usually dry when I put one on him for nap time.  SCARY!!!!  I can't wait to see if he makes it through nap with no accidents!

3:15 p.m. Sully is dry and he went potty after he woke from his nap!  I went to pick the kids up from school and left for home shortly after.  So it is up to Angie to get him through the night. I will let you know how it goes.

Today for me was a success!  No Accidents =)

ON TO DAY 2!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Sully & Olivia in the bathroom! Classic! Took the front off his crib, and he is estatic that he now has a "big boy bed". He went potty twice before I put him down. Will check on him in another hour to make sure he isn't destroying his room with his new found freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing great. Let me know if you have any questions and how I can help you further. You have adorable blonde haired kids!

    -Julie Jensen
    Mentoring Support

    ReplyDelete