Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Macy

Great Picture Sherri!



Macy's Highlight Video

Today Steve, Olivia and I went to Macy's 1st Birthday Party.  Macy is the daughter of Sherri and Joe Harnisch.  Sherri and I met years ago through my cousin Leah as they were classmates and best friends. 

On December 28th Macy was born and I remember asking Leah how Sherri and the baby were doing not expecting anything else but "fantastic" to come out of her mouth.  Leah broke the news that Macy had Down Syndrome.  At first I didn't know what to say but I do remember saying that if anyone could handle a baby with Down Syndrome Sherri and Joe would be the best parents.  As long as I have known Sherri she has always been upbeat, happy and can turn anything negative in to a positive.  She proved me right.  After today I could see that even though Macy has Down Syndrome they certainly don't treat her like she has it. 

Macy was dressed like a princess in an adorable tutu (made by one of Sherri's friends) with a personalized onesie (made by Sherri) and zebra striped leg warmers.  (Pictured above)  All the decorations and food were hand made and cooked by Sherri and her friends and family.  She definately knows how to throw a party!  Great job Sherri!  Macy is absolutely adorable and you have a beautiful family. 

God Bless!

You can read more about Macy and the party on Sherri's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, that was so KIND of you to say! Thanks for the nice words :-)
    Most importantly thank you THANK YOU so VERY much for coming out to celebrate Macy's first year with us and being there to watch her dig into yummy sugary sweetness for the first time.
    I will forever treasure the video footage you captured of the day's events and will watch your highlight video over and over. You did a fantastic job on it. Words can not appropriately express my gratitude.

    Love,
    your friend,
    Sherri!

    (and Joe, McKenzie & MACY of course)

    ReplyDelete