Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where do babies come from Auntie Em?

Driving in the car yesterday I could hear my 5 year old niece Avery, way back of the suburban, ask me "Where do babies come from Auntie Em?"  Uh...oh!  My mind went blank and I kept thinking to myself, say something, anything....but nothing came out!  Avery does this to me every once in a while.  She leaves me speechless.  The only thing that came into my head that would make sense to a five year old is if two people love each other and they ask God he will give you one?  Then I remembered a doctor once saying:  "If you are straight with kids and tell them the truth they will most likely say "OK" and usually won't ask again".  Nothing would come out of my mouth.

Then I heard her tiny voice again....but this time a more specific question.  "Auntie Em how does the baby get in to your tummy?"   Well, I can't say the God answer now because I am pretty sure she won't buy that one and I definitely do not want to have "the talk" with her yet. Yikes!  How in the heck do I answer this question?

I immediately I started talking to Addison about what we should make for lunch.  I completely ignored her and she didn't ask again.  Whew! 

I didn't think I would be hearing this question yet! All I know is I need to be prepared the next time she asks.


If anyone knows how I should answer this question I am all ears!  Until then I will be researching the book stores and asking friends and family.

Search Amazon.com for where do babies come from

1 comment:

  1. avery if you are a good girl and let me take you to bed I will show you how babies are made, we will have so much fun together

    ReplyDelete