Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary and New Year!




My niece Haley and I dancing the night away!
Five years ago I was in my wedding dress (and Steve in his tux =)) saying the most important words I will ever say:


I Emily, take you, Steve, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. Happy 5 Year Anniversary! I can’t wait to see what the next five years will bring us!

What a night we had 5 years ago!  The day was perfect.  I specifically remember one point during our wedding ceremony when we were looking out into the congregation and catching glimpses of so many close friends and family.  I couldn't believe how many people showed up!  I was just amazed and it brought tears to my eyes when I could see everyone there from different parts of my life all in the same room at the same time. Some I had known since birth, others I went to school with and the rest I was just getting to know.  I was very touched and honored our guests chose to be with us on December 31, 2005....all 400 of them. 

Tonight, Steve and I celebrated by going out to Charlie's on the Lake and coming home to friends and family.  Thank you to Travis and Michelle who watched Olivia while we went to dinner.  You are such great friends and Steve, Olivia and I can't wait to meet your son in March!

Thanks to the Vodicka's (who are also expecting a son in February), Buller's, Reilly's, Havlovic's, Trevor and Stacy (the walking caterer and therapist ;)  (Nicki and Alyssa it was nice meeting you) for helping us ring in the new year!  We honor your friendship and wish you good health, lots of love and happiness in 2011!

Olivia with her cousin Charlie

Travis, Bryce, Chad, Steve, Brent & Nolan


Alyssa, Emmy, Leah, Michelle, Stacy and Lindsay

Travis and Trevor

Steve and Travis

Travis - Self Portrait

Man - Steve looks drunk!

Michelle and Trevor

Lindsay and Stacy

Nicki and Michelle
I am impressed with Michelle and Lindsay they made it until 1:30 a.m..  I went down at about 2:15 a.m..  Steve, Trevor, Nicki, and Travis were up past 3 AM?  Who knows...Thanks for a great time and the memories!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment