Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eating Meals

Today I started thinking about when I have been able sit down to eat my lunch.  Now don't get me wrong I am not complaining it just made me think.  I made my lunch at the same time as the kids around 11:45 a.m.  The kids come down stairs and start barking out orders.  "Auntie Em you forgot the milk, Auntie Em I need a spoon, Auntie Em I want more chicken nuggets, Auntie Em, Auntie Em, Auntie Em...."  If I could earn a dollar for every time I heard Auntie Em I would be a rich women.  (Olivia has started calling me Auntie Em)  Then when Olivia is finished with her lunch she starts yelling "ALL DONE!  ALL DONE!"  Sully, Cullen and Addison then need all their noses wiped because they have snot running down their faces.  By the time I think I can start to eat my sandwhich the kids are yelling "Auntie Em I want more chicken nuggets, Auntie Em, I want more milk, Auntie Em, I want more yogurt..."  I always have to remind them to pick up their plates, cups and silverware and put them in the sink and wipe all their hands and faces.  Soon after I am cleaning up all the dishes, wiping up the mess they made on the counter, chairs and floor.  By 12:20 p.m. I have all this complete and my sandwich is still sitting there waiting for me.  But I still can't eat it because I have to load up all the kids in the car to go to preschool.  My lunch is now spent eating my sandwich in the car.....:)   When I try to eat my sandwhich this is what happens....



I appreciate my mother so much more now than I ever did.  To my sister (and all other moms out there)  you deserve a pat on the back and a nice spa day at least once a week.  As I am writing this I am giving myself a pedicure...I am soaking my feet in warm water and plan to paint them Husker red.  GO BIG RED!

Here are some pics from today:


Olivia is looking for a toothbrush..she always tries to brush her teeth.  I have caught her in the boy's rooms using their toothbrushes....YUCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment