Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/18/2010 - Wednesday

Good MorningOlivia
This morning when Olivia and I pulled up into the driveway of my sister's house Olivia started saying "Angie, Addie" and naming and pointing to everything "nose, toe, bike, pj's, blanty" aka: blanket.  When we walked inside she immediately wanted whole wheat bread by shouting "bread, bread!"


Olivia is the one to get everyone else up in the morning.  We usually start with Avery and work our way down to Addison, Cullen then Sully.  They all ate Golden Grahams and cantaloupe with their usual... milk to drink.


While I was cleaning the kitchen I could hear Addison singing at the top of her lungs so I went upstairs to check out what she was doing.  Olivia was bouncing up and down, clapping and laughing while Addie sang and rolled around on the floor dancing like a superstar!  It was hilarious!

We started to practice writing colors and names.  Cullen threw a fit because he only wanted to trace his name. 


Cullen is not open to trying new things easily.  If he has not done something the same way he did the day before it is wrong.  I had to sit him down and calmly show him step by step on how to write words without the dots. He still insisted that he could not draw letters by himself so Avery went over to help him which infuriated him even more. 


By the end of the writing lesson Cullen was drawing C's and U's by himself.  Yay! 



Avery's gorgeous picture.



Addison had no interest in writing the names of colors she only wants to write her name with crayons only.  She colored a picture of Strawberry Shortcake and looks FABULOUS!


Sully having fun .. while Olivia takes her nap.


It must be braid week because so far Addison and Avery both want braids in their hair.  This time last year Avery did not want to have the same style as Addison - she would throw a fit but this year it looks like they want to look the same.  They look adorable though don't you think?


For lunch it was turkey dogs, toast, cheese stick and fruit. 

I don't think Sully likes turkey dogs he didn't eat them and the one he ate he chewed up and spit out.  I really need to expand their menu so I started reading a cook book in Angie's kitchen called "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld.  I don't know if I am up to pureeing vegetables but Addison and I said we would try to cook at least once during the week. 

This week we made a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.  I frosted to soon because the top layer started to peel off but it still tasted fabulous! 


I showed Addison some different types of pasta meals we could cook for a dinner next week but she insisted we should cook Macaroni and Cheese because the other pasta dishes just didn't sound that appetizing.

Sully and Olivia did not nap until 2:45 today because we thought we were going to have a play date with Finnegan.  There was a mix up and Finnegan was unable to come play.  Finnegan is the son of a really good friend of mine. (Crystal) Sully and Olivia got along great!  Sully played with cars and Olivia played with the Strawberry Shortcake dolls.  She loves those dolls always smelling their scented hair.  Sully and Olivia played so well together I don't think either one of them threw a fit the entire afternoon. Around 2:45 they both needed to lay down....they hit a wall.

This afternoon Cullen, Avery and Addison played with Khloe (the next door neighbor) so I got to spend some quality time with Olivia and Sully.  They rode in the jeep, played t-ball, kicked the soccer ball, rode in the wagon and played with Wyatt.  Wyatt is also the next door neighbor who is only a few days older then Sully.



When I got home the freakin dogs peed in their kennel and they reaked!  I had to give Olivia, Jake and Elwood all a bath tonight.  So everyone is squeaky clean.

OTHER PICTURES FROM TODAY

Addie working hard on her masterpiece!

All the Girls

Sully throwing a fit because he wasn't in the picture

Olivia started to cry when Sully started to cry

Cullen and Avery with their teacher Mrs. Aimee
This is their first week back at school

Addison with her teacher Ms. Jennifer

I am off to watch Rachel Zoe!  I think Addison looks very similiar to her when she wears her hair down.  Addie is also a fashionista!

Good Night and looking forward to tomorrow..I have a new goal to get up early to work out..we will see if I can drag my butt out of bed!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment