Monday, August 30, 2010

Avery's Drawer

Yesterday Angie, Dave and the kids went to an air show and then we all ate dinner at Nana and Papa's house.  Chicken Kabobs with rice....delicious!  We all learned that papa's favorite dessert is peach pie.  including Nana.  Olivia loved the peach pie too...along with the 3 brownies she ate right before she started begging for the peach pie.

Today, I tried to let the kids sleep in this morning, however; Olivia always wants to get them up right away to play.  We played all morning until school started.  During that time I always do the kid's laundry and put it away.  I am an extremely organized person and have been trying to teach the kids how to stay organized too. I started to giggle when looked in Avery's bathroom drawer.  She organized her hair accessories right down to the bobby pins. 




Now if anyone knows Avery she is not tidy....until just a few weeks ago.  She use to always make a mess in her room but lately I have been noticing a change in her behavior.  She is now picking up the toys she plays with and putting them back in the toy room.  (Not where it belong yet but at least it is a start)  She is organizing everything!  Her favorite thing to organize are the animals in the toy room.  I think this is because she wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.

After school we went to the beach until Angie came home.  I find it funny that kids could have all the toys in the world but will play with the simpliest things like this red tube and water.  It kept them entertained the entire afternoon.




Olivia had a nice bath when we got home...


 
Jake always likes to give her kisses...


Other pics from today.....


Steve and I entered the body for life challenge.  It is a 12 week program that ends on November 14th for me and November 26th for Steve.  (I started last week and Steve is going to start this week).  So far so good on my end.  I am lifting and doing cardio during nap time so it works out perfectly. 
If we stick with it and see results we could potentially win up to $35,000. 

I also want to say how proud I am of Angie and Leah for running a 10K this weekend.  Only a few more weeks for them to run a 1/2 marathon on September 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment