Friday, August 20, 2010

Simplicity

While I was at my parent's house today my mother told me Butch Long a very dear friend of my father had a mini stroke last week and lost his sight.  Please keep Butch and his family in your prayers.


After hearing this horrible news all I could think about on the drive home was what it would be like to live life without my sight.  When I got home I tried closing my eyes and walking around my house, I listened to the TV and to Olivia's voice.  I wanted to send him a note on facebook...but without his sight he won't even get to read the note.  So to those of you who are reading this please remember life can change in a split second.  Enjoy the people you have in your life and the simple things.  All the kids reminded me of this today when they caught three frogs and played with them all morning.  Too bad they didn't catch them on Monday...sorry Michelle.  :)

TGIF!
Olivia went to Nana and Papa's to take her nap while I went to the dentist.

Tonight Olivia waited up for Steve so we could look through her photo album.  We got to the Christmas section and a picture where she was sitting on Santa's lap.  Olivia pointed to Santa and said "DOG!" 
When I looked at the picture again he did kind of look like a dog!  Good Night - Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment