Thursday, April 7, 2011

THANK YOU!

Happy 2nd Birthday Olivia! 

We had some visitors tonight!

My boss from InSearch Bob and his family!  They were so kind to bring Olivia a birthday present and a gift card to Charlie's on the Lake and a book for me to read called "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.  Teresa and Bob both read the book and said once they started they couldn't put it down.   I am going to start reading it after my surgery since I won't be able to move for 3-4 weeks!

THANK YOU Bednars!!!


Bob, Collin, Olivia, Me, Teresa and Andrew


THANK YOU Claudia Larsen who made me a rosary bracelet.  I have never met Claudia but she is the aunt to Nancy (Pick) Murphy who is a former class mate of Steve.

This is the letter she sent with it:

"One year I received a bracelet like this for my birthday.  It resembles the Rosary we Catholics pray as a special devotion to the Blessed Mother.  I loved it so much I decided to make a much smaller one such as this for my sister who was going on a mission outside the country.  I had it blessed by my parish priest and asked her slip it into her pocket, to wear it when she could and to pray it - to bring her home safe.  She did and has since passed it around to her friends and family members on special occasions when they needed "protection" as well, and now I make them for people to enjoy and bring them comfort.

Not everyone that wears it is Catholic, so we have renamed it from a Rosary to simply a "Prayer" Bracelet.

The largest metal bead represents the Apostle's Creed, or otherwise known as the Profession of Faith.  The first three little "stand alone" beads are in petition for an increase of faith, hop and love.  each of the other metal beads represents the Our Father which the dear Lord gave to all faiths as the perfect form of prayer.  the five sets of ten beads can be used for whatever prayer is special to you.  this is what makes it your bracelet.

The last metal bead at he end is the best - this is my "Prayer Box" I've added.  This is where you put your secrets,your worries and your wishes.  you put them in this little box and give them back to God to take care of because that's the safest place for them.  Enjoy..."

THANK YOU to the Krolls for the gift card to Whole Foods.  Melissa and I went to high school together and it was such a pleasant surprise to get her card and gift in the mail.  THANK YOU!

Justin, Maida, Melissa and Harper
Congratulations on your newest addition!  She is gorgeous!!!

Thank you in advance to Jen Fehringer, Kathy Knickrehm, Deanna Wolf, Crystal Crowley, Joan Allen and my aunt Linde who all signed up to bring Steve and I food after my surgery.  This will help Steve out a lot!!! =)

Thank you to Deb and John Bothof who brought me a blanket to keep me warm during my chemotherapy treatments.  It is PINK my new favorite color. 

Thank you to Travis and Michelle for offering to watch our dogs Jake and Elwood when I am in the hospital.  We LOVE you guys!!


Michelle, Travis and baby Paxton!!

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, cards and prayers.  I can't begin to tell you how much it is appreciated and how grateful I am to have such wonderful family and friends. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment