Sunday, April 10, 2011

Introducing my God child

Today, Steve, Olivia and I joined our friends Matt and Sasha Speiker for the baptism of their third child Sofia Mae Speiker.


Me & Sofia

I have known Matt since junior high because we hung out in similiar circles of friends.  I never thought I would have been the God mother to his child! =)

I met his wife Sasha my freshman year in college at the bottom of the stairs at the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity with a few of my girl friends.  Sasha was crying because at the time she was going through a break up with her current boy friend who was in the house.  Sasha and I became instant friends and ended up living together our sophmore year in college.  Several years later a group of my high school friends were getting together at a local bar and I brought Sasha with me.  I introduced Matt and Sasha that night and Sasha (and I think Matt) fell head over heels in love!  Sasha said that night in my car she was going to marry Matt some day.  That some day came April 16, 2005 and they now have three beautiful children.  Jack, Savanna and Sofia. 

I don't remember how I met most of my friends but for some reason I remember how I met Sasha.  Isn't it ironic I met Sasha when she was down in the dumps about love and many years later I would be the one to introduce to her husband! (I am extremely proud to have introduced them they make such a great couple.)  =)

I was so honored when Sasha asked me to be the God mother especially during the worst week of my life. Sasha didn't know at the time that I was getting biopsies and ultrasounds until I told her shortly after about my diagnosis.  It certainly lifted my spirits when she asked me. 

I also find it ironic that Steve and I originally wanted to name Olivia, Sofia but decided on Olivia because my aunt had just name her new puppy Sophie.  I also said at some point during my pregnancy with Olivia it would be so cool to have a daugther with dark brown hair and blue eyes.  Now, I have a God daughter named Sofia with dark brown hair and blue eyes. =)  Another prayer answered.  Thanks God.  Thanks Matt and Sasha =)


Matt, Sasha and Sofia

Olivia, Me and Savanna

Trevor (the God father), Sofia and Matt

Me & Colin
Colin was in town from Minnesota.  He is a friend of mine
from high school.  He is really good friend of Matt & Sasha too!

Olivia and Savanna - in their cute little dresses...
Sasha and I were remembering back to the days when we got
all dolled up to go out...I see trouble in the future with these two! =)

Sasha, Sofia and Me

Please say some extra prayers for Sasha's family.  Sasha lost an aunt (her mother's sister) to breast cancer almost two years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Knihal
    Hey Em! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. My kids walked in a mini relay for life event at their school last week and donated all their quarters in your name, so hopefully that will give you a little extra umph! You are strong and will beat all of this. You have God's will on your side. Please, please, please don't be afraid to ask if you need anything. It would absolutely be a pleasure if Gabe and I can help in any way. Take care!

    ReplyDelete