Sunday, February 6, 2011

Potty Training Day 3 Pt 1 12 AM - 12 PM OLIVIA

After I put Olivia to bed last night she slept all the way through the night without waking up. 

6:40 a.m. I went in her room to check on her and she was on the floor completely passed out.  My guess is she was so tired from the lack of sleep she got from the night before she didn't care where she slept.  I checked her underwear and she was completely dry!

I did put her on the potty chair but she didn't have to go potty.  We went out to the family room so she could snuggle with her daddy.  I could tell she was still tired.

ONE STEP FORWARD TWO STEPS BACK

I feel like she is regressing after this morning.

7:00 a.m. I gave her a juice box.

8:15 a.m. I noticed a wet spot on her underwear so I put her on the potty and .... NOTHING!

8:25 a.m. BREAKFAST


Pancakes, Blueberries, juice and milk....mmm!

8:40 a.m. Olivia started peeing at breakfast.  I rushed her off to the potty chair.  After sitting on the chair for a couple minutes and nothing...she still says she wants to sit.  I go eat breakfast because I am starving at this point.  I wait another 10 minutes to check on her and ....NOTHING!

CRAP!  Is she going back to her old ways?

#1 NEW UNDERWEAR

Back to eating my breakfast egg casserole

9:45 a.m. She is in the family room and Olivia starts crying.  "I am peeing!"  I run her to the potty and...NOTHING.

#2 NEW UNDERWEAR



Good Lord!  It is a repeat from yesterday!

10:20 a.m. I gave her some juice and I Steve went out to get me a Mocha from Starbucks!  I need something to keep me awake!

While all this is going on I received some exciting news from Michelle this morning.  CONGRATULATIONS to Lindsay and Brent Vodicka who welcomed Jaxon John to their family at 9 a.m. this morning! (7.5 lbs. 20 in.) I can not wait to meet the little guy!

Meanwhile, Steve has been fighting with our washing machine.  Come to find out the 3 1/2 years we have owned this machine we have been using the wrong kind of soap.  I guess we were suppose to use the high efficiency soap.  BAD TIMING since I have been doing at least two loads of laundry since I started potty training.

11:20 a.m.  Olivia is showing signs she has to go potty and ....NOTHING.

Well another unsuccessful morning.  She has not gone pee on the potty all morning!  Why is she regressing?  The one thing I have noticed is she did not have as many mess ups only because she didn't go potty at all.  Hmmm... She was doing so good last night!  Hopefully the next half of the day will go better.

Now I am making my Chili to have people over for the SUPER BOWL.  Hopefully Olivia doesn't pee on anyone!  WATCH OUT for the peeing toddler!

Thank you to Lynn, Amanda, Kelly and Ruth for your advice and encouragement.

"How funny! I was laughing so hard I was crying. You should consider yourself lucky, When I was potty training Caleb, he ended up doing a #2 on my kitchen counter! That may be a difference between girls and boys! :) After that experience I gave up until he was closer to 3. :) Good Luck!"
~ Lynn Nelson

"I chose this same program to potty train Giovanni and had all of the same thoughts, concerns and frustrations that you are experiencing. I would say that by the end of day 3 he was about 80% trained, minus pooping on the potty - that came later. You are doing great - it is soooo worth it in the end and more than anything you get to spend some wonderful one on one time with Olivia. Best of luck today!"
~ Amanda Monterastelli

"OH . . .this takes me back to the good old days. Well, I must say that I may not be the best person to ask about this because I had the great fortune of my daycare lady doing a LOT of the potty training and I just basically followed what she did. I will tell you that I PUSHED Grant on this and I had such a bad time with G that I backed off with Kyle and waited until he was ready. I lowered my expectations for Kyle and we were ALL happier! I know there are books out there that say you can have your child PT'ed in a day or two, but from my experience, I just find that hard to believe - I could be wrong.


This is how it went in the Schneider household. I took the boys to the unfinished basement and set up a potty chair. I put a long shirt on them and had them run around without underwear on and sometimes with underwear on so they would feel the wet yuk! Grant was just defiant and made this harder than it should have been and Kyle didn't like the yuk and picked up on this a lot faster. It took about 9 months for Grant and about 2-3 months for Kyle.


I like the M&M's - we did that and the gifts - I think those are great incentives. Another thing to try is to have Olivia just sit on the potty and read her books - this may take her mind off of having to "perform" as she would be distracted with the books and she also may become more comfortable with the potty by just sitting on it for longer periods of time.

The poop is just stage fright. My pediatrician told me you don't want the boys to hold the poop in for too long or then it becomes painful to go poop and then all of your PT efforts are down the toilet - get it . . .down the toilet?! (I'm so funny!) : ) If they get to the point that it is hard for them to poop - try some water with a little white corn syrup in it (per my doctor) and that might help.

Grant didn't get potty trained over night until he was about 4 or 5 and Kyle still wears a pull-up to bed and sometimes is wet and he is 5. I didn't push with the overnight PT, partly because they were boys and it usually takes longer for boys and also, I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night because I enjoy my sleep too much! I took the philosophy, and I still live by this with Kyle, that he will be potty trained by the time he goes to Kindergarten and sure enough, we have made it. In the meantime, you will need to buy a large bottle of Resolve carpet cleaner, an extra pack of underwear, lots of M&M's for Olivia, and in your case, a STRONG drink for the moments that you just want to pull your hair out!!! : )


I don't know if I have told you anything that you have not heard already, but I hope it gets better for you! Keep me posted. : )"

~Ruth Schneider

"You are so funny! Cm later today and we can chat about this. I've done it twice and have successfully had both of my boys trained by 2 1/2. First of all.... I really think you are starting too early, but cm about the other questions. :o)"

~Kelly Robson

12 comments:

  1. let me get your cute little knickers off honey and make you feel soooooooooooooooooooo good

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed, that little puss would be fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like she got lots of fans! if she knew how many horny guys were after her I'll bet those panties would be dropping and her little guts would be spread open ready for some funn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want her dropping her panties I like to take the off little girls myself, it gets me so hard pulling them down and seeing her nice bald c-nt

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://okdfjhw9.cc/invite/i=37199

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://cokpwb.su/invite/i=15124

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://larnoporst22.de/invite/i=4285

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://darrkac2.de/invite/i=1634

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://onclusion72.de/invite/i=2302

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://loyaltyfu16.de/invite/i=20090 Hot Teens

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://loyaltyfu16.de/invite/i=13

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://zer4a4f.cc/invite/i=4675

    ReplyDelete