Monday, February 7, 2011

Potty Training Day 3 Pt 2 OLIVIA - 12 PM - 12 AM

Yesterday was not a failure but Olivia is definitely not potty trained.  She peed on the potty chair three times and the three times she did go potty she still wet her underwear first.  However, I did notice changes.  She only went potty 7 times yesterday compared to the twenty some times she did the day before.  This is telling me that she is teaching herself to hold her pee longer?  I need to try again today to see if this is true. 

It is 5:40 a.m. as I write this post and after checking Olivia, she is still dry.  Two nights in a row she has been dry.  It may be to soon to be saying this but she might be night time trained.  I thought the night time training would be harder then the day time training.  Maybe we are 50% there?  As much as I want to throw in the towel and say lets put the diaper back on my gut keeps saying no....she will figure it out. 

I have a feeling she is retaining the information (I will give examples below) but she still has not processed to fully execute what I am teaching.  I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time. =)  I think if I am patient and give her more time she will eventually catch on.  I have a whole week to work with her with no distractions and I would kick myself if I stopped now.  All the time and energy I put into this would be a waste and I don't want to stop the learning process.  I could be way off and in one more week I could be saying "you were right and I was wrong".  I am OK with this. 

12:07 PM  LUNCH

12:38 PM Olivia came over and said I went poopy.  I rushed her to the potty and pulled of her underwear letting the poop fall in the potty chair.  How in the heck did I miss that one?

12:53 PM I could hear the potty SINGING. I went to check in to see if she was done and she said she wasn't done.

1:00 PM I check on her again she says she is not finished going potty so I left her alone.

#3 NEW UNDERWEAR

1:05 PM She got off the potty and I gave her a M&M for her reward.

1:10 PM As we are brushing her teeth she starts peeing.  I put her on the potty and it starts SINGING!

#4 NEW UNDERWEAR

1:30 PM NAP TIME!  She would not lay down

2:10 PM I noticed wet spot on her underwear.  Put her on the potty and SINGING!

2:45 PM She finally went down for her nap.

4:30 PM Woke up from Nap

SUPERBOWL PARTY!

I do have to say hosting a party while potty training is NOT recommended.  I planned this party in hopes Olivia would be trained at this point.  I did not FOCUS on her towards this time of the day.  Which is my mess up not hers.  This is why I want to give it more time.

5:41 PM Olivia peed her pants and it was A LOT of pee....nothing got in the potty chair.

6:00 PM DINNER




Olivia did not go potty for 3 hours but she did DANCE with Charlie.


to the Black Eyed Peas and

USHER!  They were AWESOME!!!


All Smiles!


Olivia with her boyfriend TRAVIS!

Charlie and Olivia had soo much fun playing with each other! 
Charlie and Olivia were both upset when he had to leave. =(

Nolan & Emmy

Stacy and Olivia


As Olivia says "Chelle"

OLIVIA with Chad and Leah

CHARLIE!

Last and certainly not least....Steve!
9:00 PM She wet her pants...nothing got in the potty.  Again this was my fault...not hers.  I was not focusing my attention on her.

10:30 PM  She finally went down for bed.

Jake loves to snuggle and say good night!

11:00 PM She came out on her own to go potty.  As she is doing this she starts to wet her pants.  A few drops made it in the potty chair.

Back to Bed for the night.

It is now 7:00 AM as I write this as I heard Olivia get up out of bed and run in the bathroom to potty!  She peed on the floor but her bed is COMPLETELY DRY and a few drops of pee still made it in the potty chair. 

3 day potty training has turned in to 4 and so my day begins! =)

Thanks to Anna and Natalie for your advice and encouragement.

"Hey Emily, Just my 2 cents here...Remembering back to the potty training days about 7 years ago (yikes! time goes fast)...Both of my girls & my 2 nephews were trained at around 2.5 years old. They were staying dry through the night before we started working with them during the day. That showed that they were able to hold their potty for a good stretch of time. In reading your blog posts I'm wondering if Olivia is a little young & not quite able to read her body's signals. Good luck &; don't feel like you failed if it doesn't work just yet! You will get there!"
~Anna Wedberg


"Hi Em, Olivia is adorable! I'm totally following your potty training blog. It's great! I'll need to start the twins here soon. Dreading it! I can't believe your taking care of Angie's kiddos too! Some days I am thankful for my day job:) I can't imagine all that you deal with on a daily basis but I am sure it is so rewarding. Angie is lucky to have such a wonderful sister taking care of all her babies!"

~Natalie Timpone

On to DAY 4

2 comments:

  1. Started reading your blog. I did this program as well. It sounds like she is catching on to the program just fine. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://okdfjhw9.cc/invite/i=37199

    ReplyDelete