Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Fun Day

First I would like to say Happy Birthday to Chad.  Chad is my cousin's husband who turned the big 3-0 today.  Last night we joined Chad, Leah and their friends and family in what was suppose to be a surprise party.  Unfortunately one of the postcard invitations got returned and Chad happened to see it....so...it was just a party that was no longer a surprise.  The oreo balls and sugar cookies were delicious!  They had some other food items but I already ate dinner and I love dessert soo..that is what I chose to eat. 

Today was Sunday Fun Day!

  It was extremely cold outside today, a light snow started to fall, and the last thing I want to do is venture out...so Steve, Olivia and I stayed inside (in our pajamas) and played games for 8 hours!  I got smoked by Steve on 2 out of the three games we played.  Sequence (which I beat Steve 4 games to 3 games), dominoes (he killed me 135 points to my 565)...you must remember you do not want points in dominoes, we followed up by playing 4 rounds of battleship which I lost all 4 rounds.  Steve broke out a bottle of red wine at 2:00.  As I gave him a weird look Steve quoted "Sunday fun day!"  which means anything goes!  =)  I made my famous enchiladas for dinner and gave Olivia a bath with her new Dora bubble bath.  She was so excited she started screaming "Dora, Monkey, Bubbles!"  (There is a picture of Dora and her monkey on the bottle)  We ended the evening by watching the movie Christmas Vacation....ahhhh....it is starting to feel like Christmas.  I think Olivia knows Christmas is coming soon too...she stayed up until 10 p.m. tonight - 2 hours past her bedtime.  I don't normally let her do this but it is Sunday fun day! 
Only 5 more days...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment