Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Charlie!


December 26, 2008
  








     







Charlie's Highlight Video


HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!


Today is Charlie's 2nd Birthday.  Charlie is the son my 1st cousin Leah.  Leah's dad (Terry) and my dad (Del) are brothers....the Ringling brothers!  =) 

Two years ago on Christmas day the Ringling's had planned on celebrating Christmas.  But we had a special surprise about an hour before the party was about to start, Leah's water broke!  We were so excited for Charlie to make his grand appearance on Christmas but the process took a little longer then anticipated.

It was comical because my immediate family didn't have any food in the house because we were planning on going over to Terry and Linde's.  Angie was the only one who could whip up a semi decent meal for us.  She had all 4 of her kids by then so she is required to have food in the house...especially pasta.  So this is what we ate for our Christmas dinner. 

I am not sure what was happening on Leah's end... because we didn't hear an update until the next day.  I received a text early that morning with a picture of the newest addition to our family....Charles Andrew Buller!  My goodness he was big.  That day we all went up to meet him and what a cutie.  Now he looks more and more like his mom and dad.  There are some days I think he looks more like Leah and other days I think he looks like Chad.  He is a nice combination of the two. 

I got to see a side of Charlie that I have never seen before at Chad's 30th birthday last week.  His true personality came out and my goodness does he ever like to dance and be the center of attention!  He is so adorable and I predict...a future heart breaker.  So watch out ladies! =) 

Charlie's party was Elmo themed.  The food was absolutely delicious!  Sliced pork sandwiches, homemade potato salad, beans, meatballs, little wieners in BBQ sauce, Elmo cookies from Eileen's and donuts from LeMars donuts.  That is the first time I have ever seen a donut used in place of a birthday cake but a clever idea.  The kids played pin the nose on Elmo game and a fishing game.  Charlie had a pile of gifts...so many in fact he wanted to stop midway through and take a break.  He wrestled with his uncle Todd. 

Unfortunately Olivia and Steve could not make the party. Olivia was sick from the day before and was still running a temperature. She was so upset when I left the house. She wanted to help Charlie celebrate his 2nd birthday and play with all her cousins.

Wishing you a Happy 2nd Birthday Charlie!  We hope to spend a lot more time with you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment