Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthdays!

Lots of birthdays starting off the week! It is very ironic that both Steve and I have close friends that share a birthday.




Steve's friend Nate is celebrating his birthday is today. I met Nate the very same day I met Steve 7 years ago standing outside the Brass Rail in Lincoln, NE on November 21, 2003. I had gone down to Lincoln to celebrate a another friend's birthday and I met my cousin out afterwards for a last call drink. Since then I have come to know Nate and he is such a nice guy. He was there for our wedding and the birth of our daughter Olivia. We don't get to see Nate as much as we would like to since he lives 60 miles away but I know Steve still keeps in touch with him. One thing I remember about Nate is when he held Olivia for the first time she didn't cry and was so comfortable around him. 



Happy Birthday Nate!


One of my best friend's birthday is today too! Crystal and I have known each other since junior high...so over 20 years! Yikes....we are getting old! Crystal and I have been through our firsts for almost everything and we got each other through the best times of our life and probably some of the worst times of our lives. We were in each other's weddings, I got to see her kids when they were born and now as they are growing up. It is amazing to see Crystal with her kids. She is someone I look up when I am watching my sister's kids and Olivia. If it starts to get stressful I always say to myself...WWCD...(What would Crystal do?). She is such a laid back parent and nothing stresses her out and if it does she sure does not show it. I love going to her house because anything goes and she lets her kids be themselves, make messes and most important be kids. When you are around her she makes you feel so welcome and important. I am extremely lucky to call Crystal my friend and have her a part of my life.



Crystal, Em & Em in Chicago
 Happy Birthday Crystal! Love you always!

Search Amazon.com for birthday gifts for him

 Search Amazon.com for birthday gifts for her

No comments:

Post a Comment