Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Squinkies - Not Recommended

To start off this blog I would like to say I am not trying to hurt sales or say that I am an expert. I am a parent who is just observing. You can form your own opinion after this review or trying the toy yourself.  Here is the Squinkies commercial and pictures.  My review is below.


You need to install or upgrade Flash Player to view this content, install or upgrade by clicking here.


                                         




This Christmas my nieces got a gift for Christmas called Squinkies. It has only been 3 days and they have lost all of the pieces. It is like a gum ball machine but with plastic balls the size of the tip of my thumb (they say they are 1 inch in size) and inside are tiny (and I mean tiny toys). You can get the balls out one of two ways, with a plastic coin smaller then a dime or you can open the top. The kids lost the coins so they open up the top and oh...what do you know they lost all the plastic balls with all the tiny toys that were suppose to go inside. Well I shouldn't say lost I should say scattered in different places around the house.

Cullen my 5 year old nephew was chewing the tiny toys yesterday and if I had not been watching who would have known if he or one of the other kids could have swallowed one. The last thing I want to worry about is giving the Heimlich maneuver or CPR. It looks so cute in the pictures and I read some where the age range..get this is birth to 24 months???? I don't think so! Not unless you want to kill your baby or toddler. I would say the age range is 5 and up if you do get them. I would never buy this toy as a gift or for my daughter who is almost two years old.  That being said I would recommend saving your money.


                                





I did the Magic Fabric with the kids this morning.  It was so much fun and it took up half the morning.  This is a great activity to do together if you have the time.
Search Amazon.com for toys

No comments:

Post a Comment