Friday, September 17, 2010

Smokin' - Philled Chicken Breasts

Delicious is all I can say for this dish.  Everything went according to plan....well until I noticed I picked up a green pepper instead of a green onion.  It was a quick trip to Fareway then I was back on track.  Steve even helped me dice up some of the ingredients and stuff the chicken breasts!  I highly recommend this dish!

Prep: 30 minutes / Bake: 20 min / Makes: 4 Servings
What you need!
1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked smoked ham
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp.minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce - I couldn't find this in the store but I did find a Chipotle spice that worked
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
4 boneless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 egg beaten
1 cup panko (japanese bread crumbs)
1/4 cup canola oil

Make it!
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.  Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with cream cheese mixture.  Secure with toothpicks.

Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.

In large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 170.  Discard toothpicks before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment