Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Addison!

This must be Addison's week!  Her birthday is now being shared with two new babies.  Congratulations to Matt and Sasha who had a girl and named her Sofia.  B.J. and Colleen are also having a baby girl today too!  I have know Matt since junior high and Sasha and I were college roommates.  B.J. happens to be Steve's 2nd cousin and my sister has known Colleen and B.J. since highschool. 

Addison,

I want to say thank you for always helping me out and teaching me what life is all about.

I was extremely nervous coming back to watch you kids after having Olivia.  How was I going to do it? I didn't have a clue about newborn babies and I had to figure it out while watching four other kids.  I remember a few times when I was getting lunch ready and Olivia and Sully were both crying and you would always calm them down.  I am not sure how you do this but you have that motherly instinct.  Thank you for helping out with Olivia and Sully, putting on their shoes, dressing Sully, getting their blankets, sharing yours.  They know they can always go to you when I am not available at a moments notice. Thank you for teaching me to stay calm when things got hectic.  There have been days when I wanted to pull my hair out because I wasn't sure of myself and there you were with your smile and reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

I use to be carefree and a party girl like you and for some reason I have lost that side of me along the way.  You remind me everyday not to take things so seriously and to have fun at everything I do! 

Thank you for being you and reminding me what life is suppose to be about.
Happy Birthday Addie!  I love you!



My favorite Addison quotes:

"Auntie Em, I could sit here all morning and sip this cappucinno and chit chat!"

"This summer I am going to lay out on the beach and drink wine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment