Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I am starting to appreciate the seasons.  I use to be a spring and summer gal but now I enjoy the fall weather.  It is such a nice break from the heat!  I can't wait to snuggle by the fire and drink hot chocolate (my favorite drink), carve pumpkins, make chili (yes I do cook...on occasion) and watch Husker football.  What I should say is attend the festivities for Husker football.  I can't say I watch the games minute by minute but I do like to go for the atmosphere and chit chat.

Steve and I took Olivia to September fest.  All three of us were new to September fest and I have to say it was quite interesting.  There were lots of people there with no teeth and very unique clothing attire.  I actually saw a girl dressed in a hot pink tutu...not a little girl... a teenager.  I can honestly say I have never seen that before at least in Nebraska!  Make no mistake I have no prejudice against people without their teeth or dressing in tutu's, I am use to people with all their teeth and wear normal attire such as shorts, pants or skirts...not tutu's...and that's it.  The only people I have seen in tutu's recently are Addison, Avery and Olivia...but they get a pass since they are under the age of ten.  There wasn't much for Olivia to do at September fest because most of the rides you have to be 32 inches.  Olivia is not that tall yet so I took her on the only ride she was allowed on the Merry-Go-Round.  I started to get nauseous at first and thought I was going to blow chunks but I kept it in and at the end I was very proud of myself for holding it all in.  We ate at Mexican food for dinner and had flavored ice.  I won Olivia a cougar stuffed animal by hitting 3 balloons with a dart.  Must be all the practice I had from my college years hanging out at the bars and shooting darts.   ;0)  Papa was a good teacher too!

Labor Day we went over to Nana and Papa's house.  Olivia had her first s'more.  She enjoyed it so much she ate the entire thing!


Here are s'more pics from Labor Day



<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We took Olivia out of the highchair ... she is now a big girl in her booster.

Olivia in her new booster seat
Riding her new tricycle given to us by our neighbors Jeff and Tracy
We just arrived at Nana and Papa's and Olivia is already claiming her seat at the dinner table.

The CREW with all their eyes closed.


Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment