Monday, May 2, 2011

Thank You pt. 1

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thank you to my sister who drove and stayed with me for another unexpected surgery.  I had to go back to Midlands Hospital for surgery to remove my chemo port.  Dr. Grange came to the conclusion I would need a pediatric port because my arms are so small.  They are going to wait until I get all the feeling back in my fingers and my hand is completely functioning before they put in the pediatric port.  It will go back in my right arm.  For the anesthesia for surgery they had to put in an IV but they couldn't use my right arm, because it was already in pain and they couldn't use my left arm, because they took out almost all of my lymph nodes from my mastectomy the week before.  So they had to put the IV in my foot.  I am not going to lie...it hurt!  Of course I could not shower for two days after surgery...but at least it wasn't a week like the first surgery I had.  I stayed at my sister's because Steve travels for his job and he was going to be gone this week.  Thanks to my sister for taking on the additional duties of taking care of Olivia and me while Steve is out of town.  You are the best!

God bless my mother who is watching all the kids until I am recovered from surgery and the days I have chemotherapy and radiation.  Thank you to my dad for helping out by driving the kids to and from school.  You have helped me so much during these last few weeks.  Thank you will never be enough.

After my first surgery I received so many phone calls, texts and gifts.  It is so overwhelming as I am hearing from friends that I have lost touch with over the years and their generosity has sincerely touched my soul.  I get so emotional when I think the time and effort friends and family have put in.... all for little ol' me.

I have so many thank you's and I dedicate this blog post to all of you who have reached out to me with your kind words, cards, phone calls, flowers, gifts and meals.  There are so many I hope that I don't forget you.  I tried to write them all down post surgery.

THANK YOU to:


My Aunt Linde and Uncle Terry for bringing over the first meal with beautiful flowers. 
Home made chicken noodle soup always hits the spot.

Joan and John Allen for our second meal.  Mexican, fruit and brownies

Jen and Matt Fehringer for the enchiladas, salad, muffins and cookies.

Katy Bode and Deanna Wolf- The Steak salad and soup were delicious!

Kathy Knickrehm Your Chicken and rice was wonderful

Kelly Robson - LOVED the fettuccine Alfredo the kids loved your Easter themed cupcakes.=)

Thank you to my sister-in-law Rebecca for the adorable necklace! 
Thank you for taking the time to make it.




Thank you to:

Mary Jo Ellis for the whole foods gift card.
Barb O'Brien for the gift card to Target.
Kay Bataillon and Barb Jackson for the gift card to Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment