Monday, May 2, 2011

A few more Thank you's!

 Sara Rogers and I have worked on a couple of weddings, she was the photographer and I was the videographer.  I enjoyed working with her so I asked her to shoot a family photo of Steve, Olivia and me.  I had every intention of paying her but at the end of the session she said it was her gift to me.  Sara thank you from the bottom of my heart ... these pictures will be cherished forever.  Here is the link to all our pictures and the ones below are some of my favorites.

Me and Sara

To help get me ready for the photoshoot were two of my best friends Crystal and Emily.  We went out for lunch, we got manicures, pedicures and they helped me pick outfits, shoes and accessories for this photoshoot.  I wanted to keep with the theme for breast cancer awareness so we all had on PINK.   Crystal and Emily also gave me a special gift.  A beautiful pandora bracelet.  Each of the charms has their own meaning.  (Best Friends, Hope, Love and Faith, Olivia's birth stone, Steve and my anniversary stone, the breast cancer symbol, inner strength and forever together)  I had Sara take a picture of the bracelet because my camera didn't do it any justice.

I have known Crystal and Emily since high school and they have both been my roommates in college.  I turn to these two when I need a shoulder to cry on, vent and most important have a good time.  Crystal and I have started the tradition of going to Chicago every year to visit Emily but since I can't go this year, Emily flew up the weekend before my surgery and plans to fly up again when I start my chemotherapy.  I can't describe what I am feeling in words because I get so emotional when I think of how generous you have both been to me.  Thank you so much for your friendship and please know that your kindness will never be forgotten. I will wear the bracelet until I am old and grey when my boobs will still be perky... and yours...will not. j/k!!!  =)

 I LOVE YOU!!!

Crystal, me and Emily in Chicago in August 2010


Thank you for the beautiful bracelet

Me and my two loves...











20 comments:

  1. Hannah 'Peterson' VanDerslice
    ‎*Love* your pictures--such a beautiful lookin family! Olivia is just too cute. :) We'll be sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy Nelson
    Your pictures are beautiful! Sending love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Pulte-Havlovic
    Wow Emily you all look amazing. What a wonderful treasure! Keep up your strong fight. Hope your week is off to a good start. Lots of love and prayers continue to be sent your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria Marie Bonella

    beautiful family....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misti Reed Wolf Awesome pics Emily!! You look fantastic, and you have such a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay Slama Vodicka
    LOVE these photos! You have a beautiful family. Love & Strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer Knihal
    you guys look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim Eriksen Waddelow What an adorable family you are, Em!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lyndsey Katis Foster
    You always have a way with kind words Em. These pics are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gretchen Ballard Chace
    Love the pics - they turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily DeLashmutt Klauer
    Your family is gorgeous, Em. Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela Giovanni Ross
    Great pics Emily ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shannon Butler
    Gorgeous, Em! Such a precious family!!! Thoughts & prayers are with you! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twilla Westercamp
    oh Emily, what a wonderful picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These were great em! That was a really nice email...I had to try not to cry. I am going to book my flight today..prob fly in wed night june 29th and I'll prob fly back on july 4th. Crystal said your chemo schedule is the same, so I can be there with u for your session on june 30th.

    Emily Gardels

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! They are gorgeous pics:-)

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen Allen Fehringer
    Great pictures sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful photo of your family. Thinking of you and hope you're feeling great:)

    Amy Westering

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leigh Ann Hogan Forney
    This is such a great picture Emily!! Were always thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Megan Misterek
    Emily those pics are so cute! You all look so great

    ReplyDelete