Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chemotherapy #8 & #9

It seems like since I stopped watching the kids I have more things to accomplish and less time to write.  I am starting to focus on myself and making sure I never get cancer again.  My weeks have been filled with lunch dates with friends I haven't seen in a while, play dates, exploring new business adventures, many trips to the grocery store, (I am learning new ways to eat healthy).  I also crave different foods on a weekly basis with fruits and vegetables being a constant craving.  I use to drink hot chocolate everyday and I have not craved this since I was diagnosed and started chemotherapy.  I am not at a 100% but instead of taking care of 5 kids I am taking care of myself and I am noticing a huge difference in my overall energy.  I can wake up at 7 a.m. and go all day without a nap.  When I was watching the kids I had to take a nap when they took a nap.

My right hand is getting better!  My fingers are still numb but they are bending and there is no more  pain.  My grip is getting tighter which is making easier to open milk jugs and twisting off lids.  I am praying my hand comes back soon!  I miss it so much.=)

Although I do not have hair...I do not mind.  It definitely saves me an hour a day of not having to brush, blow dry, curl or straighten.  Another bonus...I do not have to shave!  I use to shave my legs everyday and now I get to skip this step, it has not grown in months.  If bald was in I would keep it but I noticed I was a little jealous when Steve and I went to the Keith Urban concert.  There I was in my black short wig looking at all the girls who had long locks wishing for that one night I had my hair.  I have heard when my hair grows back, it could be a different color.  My only request...is it does not come in grey! 

I feel like I am an old lady!  I get hot flashes all the time!  One minute I could have a sweatshirt on and the next I am tearing it off and putting on shorts and a t-shirt.  I have not had my period in months which is why I am getting hot flashes.  My body is going through an early menopause!  Once I stop chemotherapy and radiation is complete my body should go back to normal.  Why am I telling you this? Because this is the truth about cancer patients and undergoing chemotherapy changes everything in your body. 

Thursday, August 18 - Teresa Bednar and Deb Bothof drove me to chemotherapy.  As always my friend Lyndsey stopped out to say hello!  I did not get pics of Teresa and Lyndsey..=(  This was not on purpose I just forgot.  That is what happens when you get wrapped up in good conversations.

Deb and Me
Deb was so kind to take me to the movie "The Help"
last week.  It was a fantastic movie!  I highly recommend seeing it.


Thursday, August 25 - Jessica Monestero and Deb Bothof drove me to chemotherapy.


I forgot my camera for my chemo session.
Here is Jessica and her husband Paul the night
of Party for Pottebaum.  So great to see you!
Can you believe they had twins?  Jess looks fantastic!

Teresa, Deb and Jess are the ladies I met while working at InSearch.  Teresa is the wife of my former boss Bob.  We also had a lunch date for Ruth's birthday and got to catch up on their kids and life in general.

Jessica and I were co-workers at InSearch and she took over my desk when I decided to stop recruiting.  It was like old times in the "bull pin" giving each other advice on life and catching up on the happenings at InSearch.

I have the pleasure of seeing Deb once a week as she drops off fresh produce to my house.  Deb is always bringing me candy, cookies and food.  This her attempt to fatten me up!  I use to crave chocolate all the time but since starting chemotherapy I could live without it.  It is nice to try something sweet every once in a while.  Another bonus, Olivia would never go up to Deb only because she didn't know her that well.  Now when Deb comes Olivia greets her at the door and takes her back to her room to play.  =)

I am over the hump!  I only have 7 chemotherapy sessions left!  October 13th (my last chemotherapy session) will be here soon and I can't wait!

Thank you to my drivers, friends and family for your continued love and support.  Steve, Olivia and I could not get through this without you.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Em! So glad to read things are going well! Continue to stay strong. It's great to read you have so many people supporting you and helping you! The Delperdangs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stopping by and seeing you every week miss Em! You are getting closer to being done! I am so proud of you, you are such a graceful fighter I am honored to be your friend! Love you~ Lynz

    ReplyDelete