Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chemo #10 / Thank you-Party for Pottebaum Part 3

Today, my good friend Crystal was going to take me to chemotherapy.  Unfortunately she was unable to come, as her mother Vickie passed away unexpectedly a week ago from today.  Vickie was a wonderful person to be around.  I remember going to their house all the time in high school and always feeling welcome.  Vickie always took the time to sit with us to chit chat about life, school and of course boys!  She always had a smile on her face and laughed all the time.  Please keep Crystal and her family in your prayers to get through this difficult time. 

Vickie Lynn Hayden

Age 58, June 20, 1953- Aug 25, 2011

Omaha. Preceded in death by parents, Frank and Mary Cunningham; and brother, Charles "Butch" Cunningham. Survived by children, Michelle Hayden, Crystal (Brendan) Crowley, Nicholas (Janie) Hayden; 5 grandchildren; and friends.

MEMORIAL GATHERING Tuesday, August 30, 6-8pm at Braman Mortuary, 72nd St. Chapel. Private Inurnment. Memorials can be directed to the American Cancer Society . Visit http://www.bramanmortuary.com/ to leave a condolence.

BRAMAN MORTUARY - 72nd St. Chapel
1702 N. 72nd St. 402-391-2171

My mother was so kind to step in and take me instead.  I can't thank my mother enough for all of her love, compassion and help she has given to me through cancer treatment and my life in general.  I talk to her at least once a day because I value her opinion and advice.  I am not sure what I would do without her which is why I am so sad for Crystal and her family.  She was so close to her mother like me and not to have my mother in my life would leave a huge hole in my heart.  My heart aches for all of them as I know they will miss her so much.


Me and my Mom
Thank you for our new necklaces Heather!

I asked my mom to take a picture of me and Lyndsey....
let's just say she needs a little instruction on how to take pictures.
She had the camera facing the wrong way ...this is me making fun of her =)
Love you Momma!


Me and my friend Lyndsey
She stops by when she is out and about during the week day.
I always look forward to seeing her face every Thursday.


God works in mysterious ways and He takes our loved ones unexpectedly on his terms for a reason.  I do believe that Vickie is smiling and laughing from Heaven and will act as a guardian angel for her family until it is time for them to reunite again.

As for my mother she will start her journey next week.  Her surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, September 7th at 8 a.m. in the morning.  Dr. Reilly the general surgeon will perform a double mastectomy while Dr. Montag will do the reconstruction at Methodist Hospital.  The surgery should take 4-5 hours.  Please pray the surgery is successful in removing the cancer forever and for a speedy recovery.

Love you Mom!

Thank you to my Aunt Vicky (who ironically shares the same birthday and name (Vicki Lynn) as Crystal's mother) for the Chicken Soup for the Soul CD's.  I listen to them whenever I am in my car and I am learning more then ever God has his hand in everything we do.

Thank you to my mother and father's friends.  I have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know you and your children.  You have all been so supportive and constant cheerleaders not only for me but for my mother and our entire family.  Thank you for your friendship and love. =)


My mom, Sister Angie, Barb Panzer

My Uncle Terry, Sister Angie and Dad



 
 Joan and John Allen

Jayne and Bill Westering, John Allen, Me, Alex Wolf and Tom Wolf


 
Emily Westering and Me


Tom Wolf and Betty Bode

Molly Hunter with her newest addition Lainey!
Congratulations to you and Mark!

Nancy and Joe Pawlowski

Pam and Terry Penke


Rosy Conrad and Ron Brown

Jan Brown and Nicole Harrington

Nicole and Ben Harrington

I didn't get a picture of Katy Bode and her mom Deanna Wolf
So I took this pic from her facebook page.  Halloween a year ago.

John Bode and Matt Jetter

John and Katy just added to their family!  Welcome to the world Kate Jane Bode!

Betty Bode, Me and Shannon Butler


Sue Peterson, My mom, Betty Bode

Bruce Bode, Alex and Angela Wolf



Bill and Amy Westering


Tom Wolf, Bob Peterson and Bruce Bode


Carol Long and Nancy Pawlowski

John and Lynn Lohse
Not Pictured:
Linde Ringling
Jerry and Mary Anne Grace
Butch and Carol Long
Rosy and Wally Conrad
Mary Jo and Bill Ellis
Barb and Jim O'Brien
Pam Sloan
Butch and Allyn Harper
Matt and Jen Fehringer

 MORE to COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment