Thursday, August 18, 2011

Party for Pottebaum - Thank you Part 2

If I could pick a song for my journey through cancer this would be it.
My Mom sent this to me last week and it literally made me shed tears and
by the end I had snot dripping from my nose. 
 I am sure this is TMI (too much information) but it's true!
If I made a video for this event this is the song I would choose because
you have all shown your love for me and my family.  Thank you!


"In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said "It is more to give than to receive."
Acts 20:35

Thank you for giving to our family in our time of weakness.  We plan to pay it forward when I am fully recovered by throwing a benefit for another cancer patient in the future.


Nicki Evans, Me, Angie Ross

Angie Ross and Julianne Spatz

I have known these three ladies since freshman year in highschool.  We were on cheerleading together freshman and sophomore year.  Julianne and I lived in the same dorm our freshman year in college and hung out quite a bit all through college and attended each other's weddings.  Angie went to Wayne State but I would visit another friend of mine Tricia Pugsley who lived with Angie at the time.  Tricia was there with her husband Dan but I didn't get a photo.  Nicki, Julianne, Angie and I spent a lot of time together in high school especially practicing for competitions and camps.  Love you ladies~!



Jeff and Kathi Scherzberg
Julianne introduced me to Kathi as they were in the same sorority Kappa Alpha Theta.  They called me an honorary member because I hung out with them so much I felt like I was part of the house.  I worked with Jeff at Main Street Cafe in Lincoln.  He was a bartender and I was one of the cocktail waitresses.  I introduced Kathi and Jeff one night while working and they tied the knot a few years later. They now have a beautiful little girl named Sabrina who is only one month older then my daughter Olivia.  =)
Angie, Kathi, Me, Diana, Julianne, Nicki and Karen
I met Diana and Karen both through Julianne.  Diana is her little sister and Karen was also in Kappa Alpha Theta with her.  Whenever we had competitions Diana was always there to support us.  I got to know Karen better the summer before my final year of college.  We had back to back economics classes crammed in to 3 weeks each.  We always would get lunch afterwards at Main Street and attempt to study.  We have stayed in touch since and I live vicariously through her and her roommate Dana.  So whenever I can go out (which is not much especially now-a-days) I always call to see where they will be.  When ever I meet them her brother Andrew usually joins us.

Karen and her brother Andrew

Sasha and Matt Speiker
It would not be a party without the Speikers!  Sasha also was part of the crew that would all go out in college.  Sasha and I have remained extremely close and talk at least two or three times a week.  I have known Matt longer then I have known Sasha.  I introduced the two many years ago and they now have three beautiful children Jack, Savanna and Sofia (My God daughter)



Marcy's Friend, Matt and Marcy

Marcy was a Theta as well and we had many good times in college.  She was so kind to come the party!  It has been years since I have seen her but she is the same old Marcy.

My sister Angie, Caci and Matt Liebentritt

Watching Angie's kids for the past 2 1/2 years I have gotten to know Caci, Matt and their four children, Barret, Chloe, Carson and Wyatt. Caci tripped on her stairs outside before she came to the party and was limping the whole time. They found out her foot was broke after taking her to the hospital! =(

Jeff and Kim Phillips
They are sporting the shirts they wore for the bike ride benefit in July and for RAGBRAI.  They were so kind to drive in from Remsen to show their support.  Thanks Weasel and Kim!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment