Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chemo #7 / Update on my mom

Two Emily Jane's in the same room at the same time usually means trouble!  My friend Emily Westering was so kind to drive in from Kansas City, MO to take me to my chemotherapy treatment.  Our middle names ironically are both Jane (I think hers is spelled Jayne like her mother's first name=)).  I have known Emily my entire life.  Our parents have been friends for years and consider them as an extension of my family.  Emily and I bonded 10 years ago when our families, the Bode's and the Wolf's all went on a trip to CABO San Lucas.  We were joined at the hip after our first evening out together and created fun lasting memories I will never forget.  One of the best stories from that trip is when most of us went four wheeling and I decided to get a fake tattoo.  I wanted to scare the crap out of my mother as a practical joke. My dad paid for me to  get a wrap around (fake) tattoo on my arm.  Everyone was in on the joke (with the exception my mom).  The story was Emily and I went out with Tommy, Alex, John, Billy and Matt and they talked me in to getting a tattoo.

When we got back from four wheeling and to the pool where my mom was laying out I wore a t-shirt to cover the tattoo.  When she caught wind of story she pulled me aside and oooooh was she mad!  I was kicked out of my sister's wedding that was happening in a few months and was pretty much disowned.  She went up to the hotel room fuming and my dad went up to see how she was doing.  My dad broke the news to her that it was fake because she wanted to fly back home.  Long story short my mom did not fly home and we enjoyed the rest of the trip.  Since then Emily and I have stayed in touch and I always look forward to seeing and catching up with her.  Thank you so much Emily for coming this weekend for the benefit and to taking me to chemo!  Love you!

Emily and Me
My friend Lyndsey who has stopped by for almost all of my chemo sessions gave me an awesome gift!

"Yes They're Fake.  The Real Ones Tried to Kill Me!"
LOVE IT!



Thanks Lynz!  Love You!

Please keep Lyndsey and her family in your prayers.  She is flying to Arizona this weekend to get her grandfather who has Alzheimer's and moving him back to Omaha.

I didn't get a picture but Deb Bothof stopped by to drop off vegetables and an adorable make up bag.  Thank you Deb!  I love it! =)  Ironically I have been experimenting with make up this week.  I am losing my eye brows and eye lashes so if you haven't noticed I have a lot more make up on these days.

I am using Anastasia's brow ex-press  to "paint" on my brows and switched my makeup to Bare Minerals.  Bare Minerals is an all natural make up and is really good for your skin.  Chemo has made my skin ultra sensitive and so far this make up has worked for me.  You don't have to order Bare Minerals online any more there is a store at Westroads called Bare Escentuals that sells all the Bare Minerals makeup.  Sonja a makeup artist help me find the best shades and eye makeup for me.  http://www.bareescentuals.com/

A special thank you to:

Sara McGee for the Angel charm to go on my bracelet.  I will wear it to the benefit on Saturday.

Denise and Roger Friesen for the very nice note and healthy drinks!  I haven't tried them yet.  I have to wait until the chemo side effects wear off.  If I try them to soon I won't want to drink them. =) 

Chrissy and Jason Bailey for the generous donation.  Chrissy and I have known each other since 2nd grade and were super close growing up all the way through high school.  We were also on dance team together junior and senior year.  I met her husband Jason in junior high and back then Jason was known as "PACO".  I am not sure how he got that name but I still remember the night Chrissy and Jason met in the garage of our friend Heather's house.  They started dating, went to college together and soon after were married.  We haven't seen each other in a while but it is always good to hear from old friends that knew me "back in the day!" =)  Love you guys!


Jason and Chrissy

Carey and Sean Keenan for the generous donation.  I started hanging out with Carey the summer before 8th grade and we spent a lot of time together in high school.  We experienced all our growing pains together and we got each other through it.  Carey has a daughter named Olivia too!  So good to hear from you Carey!  Thank you!

The Keenan's

Jill Dolnicek for your generous donation!  Jill was known to me as GILL!  We were silly back in high school and if we had a nick name that was funny we would use it.  Jill was a year younger then me but we became close the summer before my senior year.  We were on dance team together and when she started her freshmen year in Lincoln we were roommates.  We still see each other when I travel to Chicago once a year.  Love you Jill---see you next year when I am recovered, healthy and in CHICAGO! =)


Me and Jill (August 2010)
My mom's surgery is scheduled for September 7.  She will have a double mastectomy and reconstruction.  Her recovery will be up to six weeks and several months for the reconstruction.  Please pray she will not need chemotherapy or radiation.


Love you Momma!

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to see all of these faces from high school (and earlier)! I knew "Paco" looked familiar, but didn't recognize his name until you mentioned his nickname. Where did that come from in the first place!?! You look amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete