Thursday, September 15, 2011

Introducing Auntie Em's Angels

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My friends Lyndsey and Jerid Foster had a birthday party for their daughter Alexa.


This is Alexa

Five years ago, when Jerid and Lyndsey had their first daughter Haili, (December 1, 2005) they didn't want to have too many unnecessary gifts with her birthday being so close to Christmas. To celebrate her birthday they had her friends donate to the charity of their choice and she received gifts from just family. Jerid and Lyndsey's second daughter Alexa was born September 15, 2008. For Alexa's first two birthdays they chose the charity Susan G. Komen because Jerid's aunt had been diagnosed with breast cancer and lost her battle December 13, 2007.

They were so kind to choose me this year to help pay for my medical expenses. Alexa raised $575.00 and was so excited to call and tell me over the phone. It felt like I was touched by an angel. I decided in that moment I was going to pay it forward and match children, teens and adults to host birthday parties with patients who need help paying their medical bills.

Thank you to all the friends and family who donated and to Jerid, Lyndsey, Haili and Alexa Foster! You inspired me to start Auntie Em's Angels whose birthday is the same as Alexa's, September 15, 2011. Alexa is my first angel to start my new mission in life which I predict will be a success.

CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE! http://www.auntieemsangels.com/  It is a work in progress but I hope to have it looking pretty in a few months...hopefully before the new year!


Jerid's mom makes beautiful and yummy cakes!


Jerid and Alexa




Lyndsey and Alexa











Alexa with her sister Haili





This is the doll I gave her...ironically named Emily =)
Happy 3rd Birthday Alexa!
You truly are an Angel =)

No comments:

Post a Comment