Friday, July 22, 2011

Chemo #4 - My last MEAN chemo.....DONE! =)

I did my last mean chemo a week ago from Thursday and  I am so happy my side effects from now on will be minimal.  I haven't been feeling my best.  For four days after my treatment I slept the nausea away.  The other days I had absolutely no energy.  I went to get my blood cell counts yesterday and now I know why I have no energy.  I am in the critically low field, meaning I have no white/red blood cells to fight off infections and I am anemic which is why I am tired.  To top it off the heat this week made me melt to an all time low of 92 pounds.  I can't eat as much as I would like, as it makes me gag and the thought of food makes me sick.  It is my goal to put on weight over the next few weeks of manageable chemo treatments.

My friend Crystal took me to my treatment and brought boxes old photos from high school and college.  It was so much fun to see ourselves younger and having so much fun with absolutely no worries.  It actually distracted me when they were administering the chemo.  Whenever I see the red chemo I get really nauseous and this time I didn't even realize they put it in. 

Crystal and I have been friends since the summer before 9th grade.  We were so close in high school we decided to room together our freshman year in college and then again when we were juniors in college.  We were in each others weddings and I can still remember the birth of her first child Maeve.  Crystal was the first out of our group of friends to have a baby and the memory of that day has never left me.  Now she has 3 beautiful children and I always ask Crystal advice on parenting because she is such a great mother.  I was really nervous about getting a sitter when Olivia was 3 months old so the first person I thought of outside my family was Crystal to babysit for a few hours.  When we need a little break Crystal and I travel once a year to visit our friend Emily in Chicago.  She always tries to cheer me up by bringing me books, gifts and food.  Thank you Crystal for all that you do....I will never know how to repay you for your kindness and friendship.

I forgot to get a picture but our friends Lyndsey and Jerid Foster stopped by to hang out too! 

Me and Crystal
The day after chemo I got the stitches out of my arm from surgery.  This is what it looks like!
My war wound.....Mederma here I come!!!
Round 5 chemo starts next week and I will now have 11 more weekly treatments.  My date of September 29th has been pushed back a week to October 6th for my last chemo treatment....that is if I am not HER2 positive which I will find out this Thursday.   Please pray that I am NOT HER2 positive...I do not want an extra year of chemo.  This will be followed up with 5-6 weeks of radiation and my final surgery for my ta ta's!  Please also pray for my right hand to start working again. 

Thank you again to all our family, friends and new friends we have met along our journey.  Your love and support really helps Steve and I get through what seems like an endless journey.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment