Tuesday, June 14, 2011

AHHHH! I AM COMPLETELY BALD....

BUT my boobs are bigger then they have ever been!  I go and get my weekly "fill" each Friday.  It's like going to the spa to me.  Instead of a facial I get a big needle with saline solution to blow up my ta ta's.  I have FINALLY hit puberty.  After 33 years it is about time!  This week instead of filling them 25 cc's like they have done since my surgery, I told them to double it and fill them 50 cc's each time.  My ta ta's are now at 175 cc's a piece so this will add to my weight gain and chest size.  150 cc's to go!  Holy cow is Steve excited...I kind of am too!  I have never had boobs before!

Now on to the hair thing...again!  My hair started falling out more about four days after my first big hair cut.  I would take a shower and get so freaked out to wash my hair because it would just rub off.  YUCK!  On top of that it was making a mess!  I am a clean freak and hair every where was driving me bonkers.  Once again I had it shaved down to a buzz cut.  Steve was so brave to shave it this time.  That lasted a whole 48 hours until I had to use my own razor and spend an hour in the shower shaving the rest of it off.  I am now completely bald!  Don't you dare tell me I look good bald!  My head is in desperate need of a tan to even itself out with my face shade.  I am revealing my beautiful, untanned head, with NO make up on....at the end of this blog.  So make fun of me all you want...but I am pulling the cancer card on you for this one...you will feel guilty afterwards!

After I shaved my head I put on some make up with the Jessica Simpson wig I received from my friend Angie.  I LOVE it only because it is a new look.  I already fooled a long time friend of mine, Mike Holm and his wife Emily.  I was at HyVee on Saturday and they walked right past me and did not recognize me.  I laughed the whole way home.  I can get use to this! =)


My Jessica Simpson Wig with my new hat!
Thanks Angie for the wig, Emily and Nicki for the hat!

Olivia just got home from fishing with her dad!


I go in on Thursday to meet with a neurologist for my right hand.  My index and middle finger have been numb since my surgery in April so we are going to get to the root of the problem.  Please pray it is only a temporary injury and my nerves will come back sooner the later.  I WANT my right hand back!

I also start round 3 of chemo on Thursday.  Hopefully I will only have 13 more rounds to go as I will find out if I have the HER2 receptor which will require more chemotherapy.  Please pray I do NOT have the HER2 receptor.

Thank you to:

Bob and Sue Peterson for the Olive Garden gift card
Heather McQuillan, Heather Terry, Elizabeth Norris and Sara Recker for the Victoria's Secret Gift card
and Pete and Kaye Bataillon for the Papa Murphy's gift card!

Thank you to my cousin Leah, her husband chad, my aunt Linde and uncle Terry for setting up the cleaning crew.  It is so nice to have one more thing off my plate.

Thank you to all our family and friends for your continued support, love and prayers.  You make us stronger everyday.

YIKES!  I need to tan my head!

xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Emily,

    Hair is so over rated. It's the eyes that look into a persons soul. You have beautiful eyes!

    Thanks you for sharing your fun spirit of dealing with of all of this. We continue to pray that you only have to endure 13 weeks.

    You go new ta ta's girl!
    denise & Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily thank you so much for sharing your story. Your positive attitude is infectious and I love to hear how you are doing. I pray for you every day...I mean it...every day. Angie's wig looks great on you, but you are beautiful bald too...and I mean that!

    Nikki Hettinger-Evans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, Thanks for the update! I love the Jessica Simpson wig! It looks great on you! I can get used to the "chemo look", but it is an adjustment! Like Cullen says, "It is the same beautiful face" and your hair will grow back with time! I've got those prayer requests written in my journal so you are covered! Love you, Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mady Kay Pottebaum
    Emily..you can pull of the no hair like no other! goodness i have a pretty aunt(: (you pull it off better than steve by the way(; ) so got any time in your mind you want me to come on over to nebraska?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think about you every day & I smile because you are you, always will be, & I know your "I can tackle anything" attitude will get you through this. Bald is beautiful, especially on you! Think of all the fun you can have with hats, scarves, wigs or bald - a different woman every day!!! Love & hugs, Momma Cooney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana McHale Andersen

    You are amazing and absolutely beautiful! I think of you and your family often...sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aubrey Christine Sookram
    Nothing can mask a beautiful face :). You seriously could not have a more feminine bone structure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brea Nelson

    I won't say you look beautiful bald since you said not to. :) but I will say.....you look stunning!!!!!!!!!! Not everyone can pull that off, sister.....You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea Schafer
    You look great! Hot mama! Keep up your great outlook and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. David Jarzynka
    Hang in there. I am blad and its really cool. People are scared of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dana Votava
    Emily you amaze me! Your courage, your spirit, your sparkle... it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emmy Reilly
    Emily, on a side note your face is tan:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ARE beautiful, Emily! I love the wig, too. We are praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thinking of you today as you have your 3rd round of Chemo and visit the neurologist.  I pray they can help you with your fingers!  I always said God should have given Moms 8 arms like an octopus.  

    Your thank you card is so beautiful!  Just love the pictures of your family!

    Your new look is quite sexy--bigger boobs, the wig and cute hat!  Should be a model for breast cancer!  You inspire so many of us that take our health for granted.  You are such a wonderful role model for your daughter, nieces and nephews!

    Hugs and Prayers!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily~
    Your positive attitude is so inspiring! You have such an amazing outlook, which completely shows in your beautiful smile and face...yes I am going to say that you look GREAT bald! Seriously beautiful! That wig is gorgeous too. We are always thinking and praying for you and your family.
    Much Love,
    Michelle Jura

    ReplyDelete
  16. your daughter is bald too I want to strip her and jerk off on her bald p---y cum all over it

    ReplyDelete